Thursday, May 26, 2011

Boxes (originally posted 23 February)

Boxes have been a part of my life for twenty-five years. I never threw away boxes. Knowing that I was going to have to pack up everything in three years made me reluctant to throw them away. So I saved them all. Whenever I bought dishware, small appliances, knick-knacks, or electronics of any kind, I saved the boxes - knowing that it would be easier to pack using the original ones.


This past three weeks as I have been sorting my belonging to pack up once again, I am amazed by how many bloody boxes I have. But today is different. As I spent an hour this morning at my beautiful house, I unpacked a set of ramekins - still in the original box they came in when I bought them - probably 10 years ago. After I carefully put them away, I looked at the box and carefully unfolded it to flatten it - for recycling.

I don't think I will need it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment